Home U.S. A shooting spree in Mississippi leaves 4 dead and leads to police standoff that ended with suspect found dead, officials say

A shooting spree in Mississippi leaves 4 dead and leads to police standoff that ended with suspect found dead, officials say

by admin
0 comment

According to police, the suspect Jeremy Reynolds, 32, shot and killed three people at a hotel in Biloxi, then drove to the neighboring city of Gulfport, where he carjacked and shot the man. ..

According to police, when police officers later discovered Reynolds, they hid themselves in the store until authorities finally discovered that he had died of unknown cause.

The incident began Wednesday morning when police responded to reports of being fired at the Broadway Inn Express Hotel after 9 am, the Biloxi Police Department (BPD) said in a news release.


Officers found three victims dead in an apparent gunshot wound. They were later identified as the hotel owner Mohammad Moeini (51 years old) and two employees who lived in the hotel (Laura Lehman (61 years old) and Chad Green (55 years old)). BPD said at a joint press conference with the Gulfport police (GPD).

Biloxi police said the suspect had determined that he had fled to Gulfport in a vehicle owned by one of the victims, BPD said.

Biloxi police said the motive for the shooting at the hotel was not identified and it was not clear whether the suspect was staying at the hotel or knew the victim.

In Gulfport, at around 9:30 am, police responded to a shooting that found 52-year-old William Waltman being shot dead and carjacked by a suspect later identified as Reynolds, Gulfport police said. Chief Adam Cooper said at a press conference.

Waltman was taken to the hospital and sentenced to death after surgery, GPD said.

When Gulfport police officers found Reynolds and the stolen car, they ran to a nearby convenience store, they said.

Two employees of the store were able to escape Before According to the GPD release, Reynolds had a barricade inside.

The GPD and Harrison County SWAT team have been stationed on-site to make “multiple attempts to contact suspects within the enterprise,” the GPD release said. After deploying tear gas in the building, the SWAT team entered and discovered that Reynolds had “died in an unknown situation,” GPD said.

Brian Switzer, Coroner of Harrison County, said at a news conference that he was not fired by suspects or police during the standoffs. A small fire was found near Reynolds’s body, but it’s not clear how it started, Switzer added.

Autopsy will take place this week against Reynolds and four victims, Switzer said.


You may also like

Leave a Comment

About Us

The USA Daily Sun is dedicated to bringing you news and opinions covering a variety of topical subjects. As our name implies; we focus on reporting the absolute best stories to come out of this great nation.

Copyright ©️ All rights reserved. | USA Daily Sun